- 5 BEST BURGERS IN THE BOSTON AREA – ZAGAT 11/06/ 2012
“Some of the most original burgers anywhere” are found on the “solid” Eclectic pub menu at this “Porter Square institution”, a “friendly neighborhood” “hangout” that also offers a “revolving” selection of beers; “decent prices”, “friendly” servers and a “warm, homey” setting all add to the “genuine Cambridge collegiate experience.”
- BEST OF BOSTON – Neighborhood Eats ~ Porter Square, Boston Magazine 2012
On the desert-like stretch of Mass. Ave. that cuts through Porter Square, Christopher’s is a tiny oasis, its green umbrellas beckoning from the T station like palms in the sand. There are well-priced options like fish tacos and burgers with mushrooms and Swiss cheese, and a host of veggie choices that suit the less carnivorously inclined. And once you sample the selection of ice-cold beers, you’ll know for sure that this retreat is anything but a mirage.
- BEST BURGER IN MASSACHUSETTS, Bobby Flay, Food Network Magazine
We set out, with the help of food critics across the country, to find the most exciting, interesting … or otherwise fabulous burger in every state. Harvard kids pack Christopher’s Restaurant & Bar for its nicely priced pub food, especially their English Burger.
- BEST OF BOSTON, Boston Magazine 2011
Settle in at the bar (5 of the 24 taps are constantly changing), or get a seat by the fireplace. Wherever you’re from, you’ll find a home here.
- CHRISTOPHER’S VEGGIE BURGER … ALL OF THE SIZZLE AND NONE OF THE GUILT, The Patriot Ledger, 2011
- BEST NEIGHBORHOOD SPOT, The Weekly Dig
- “Christopher’s Yuppie Nachos’ combination of fluffy goat cheese, tart tomatoes, and crunchy chips actually felt light on the tummy. I could have eaten the whole plate,” The Boston Globe
- “If you are looking for an eclectic menu with comfort food, bar food, fancy food, or just plain food, and a warm-up-to-the fire atmosphere where you can eat dinner, then belly up to the bar, Christopher’s is your place.
And if all you want is an ice-cold beer and some killer nachos, this is the place for that, too.” The Weekly Dig
- “What’s Hot? Try the veggie burgers at Christopher’s in Porter Square. You’d be surprised how good a veggie burger can be.” Stuff @Night
- CHRISTOPHER’S ORGANIC MARTINI “Sometimes the most satisfying cocktail goes back to basics without any muss and fuss. This is a super smooth, super clean drink. Christopher’s is known for its stellar organic, all-natural cuisine, and that flavorful, eco-friendly sensibility translates nicely behind the bar.” Stuff @Night
- “This Porter Square bar may seem far too casual to be romantic, but it has to get credit for having the biggest, most blazing fireplace I found anywhere in the Commonwealth.” Boston Magazine
- “Thank heavens for Christopher’s big burgers and beers. It’s Porter Square’s best decompression chamber.” The Weekly Dig
- “Many months ago, a few friends and I started a citywide search for Boston’s Best Nachos. The search, while triumphant, didn’t last very long. The third restaurant on the list was Christopher’s, and with that visit, Boston’s Best Nachos had been found. They serve four types; whichever kind you get, they are warm, crisp, gooey, and never, never soggy.” The Weekly Dig
- The setting at Christopher’s is warm and inviting – very Cambridge, in the best sense of the phrase. Exposed-beam ceilings, a comfortable bar, tongue-and-groove floors, roaring fireplace. You get the idea. The Boston Globe
- “At Christopher’s the veggie burgers are splendid. Be careful whom you tell, or at your next barbecue all your vegetarian friends will want one.” The Boston Globe
- “Christopher’s boasts 31 years of all-natural cooking (no hormones or preservatives in its food and heavy on the organic ingredients), but you’d never know it from their cheeseburger: the bacon is so crisp, the cheddar so perfectly melted, that I almost forgot I was eating health food. This is just a great burger, straight up. From a cheeseburger lover’s perspective that’s a good thing.” Improper Bostonian
- BEST BURGER, The Improper Bostonian
Few foods can rival the hamburger in its popularity and prevalence, and few places can rival this Cambridge spot in terms of quality and taste. If you’re going to indulge, you might as well do it in style, and while Burger King might do it your way, this place does it right.”
- BEST VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT and BEST RESTAURANT TO TAKE A NON-VEGETARIAN, The Improper Bostonian
- Christopher’s is one of Phantom Gourmet’s “GREAT ATE” for Hamburgers. Phantom’s Favorite: Veggie Burger ~ Phantom Gourmet
- “Brunch Punch: who says brunch cocktails aren’t good for you? At Christopher’s, the Sunrise Smoothie features what the restaurant calls a “tempting, thick, healthy blend of fresh strawberries, bananas, and orange juice.” For a quick trip to the Caribbean during these harsh winter days, Christopher’s recommends adding Captain Morgan’s rum to the mix. The result is a glass of creamy goodness that goes down quick and stands on its own. “For some people, drinking on Sunday continues the party from Saturday night,” said Christopher’s co-owner Holly Heslop. “And then there are those who have no intention of having a cocktail with brunch until they see one go by and say, ‘Damn, that looks good!’” The Boston Globe
- “Talk about character. If you’re looking for a place with any kind of character, Christopher’s effectively dominates the bar/dining scene in Porter Square. From urban sophisticates to college students, everyone seems to love this American bar and grill.” AOL City Guide